Resolve Printer Offline problem:-Many of us usually face this problem.when we are trying to print something .sometimes printer goes offline.and there may many possible reasons for your printer going offline In this post we will try to troubleshoot most of the general cases where your printer goes offline.I will suggest to do first basic thing where the printer goes offline when you are trying to print lot many paper because of the high job Que issue it may fail
Basic Problem where you will face Printer offline issue:
- 1 Basic Problem where you will face Printer offline issue:
- 2 Method 1: Check the printer status in Devices and Printers.
- 3 Resetting printer also may fix the printer offline issue fix to get it online:
- Go to system settings and select the ‘Printer’ option.
- Right-click on the printer and enable the ‘Use Printer Online’ function.
- Cancel all the printing jobs till that moment and redo the process.
- Sometimes the ‘Printer Offline’ message occurs due to a ‘Job Stuck’ issue.
- Check all network connections and functions.
- Be sure the network interfaces work properly.
- Turn the printer off and on to see whether the device is working properly.
okay if it’s not the above case we will try trouble shoot the issue.
- Turn the printer off and on, and then make sure that printer is in a ready state.
- Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers in the list.
- Find the icon for the printer you originally installed click on it.
- Try to identify the default printer
- If a colored or grey icon displays with a green checkmark, continue to the next step.
- If a colored or a grey icon displays without a green checkmark, then there can be a problem ,right-click the icon, select Set as Default Printer, and then continue to the next step.
- If one colored and one grey icon displays for your printer, right-click the color icon, select Set as Default Printer, and then continue to the next step.
- Right-click on the icon for the default printer, and then select “See what’s printing.”The print queue window opens.
- click on the printer in the window
- Click Printer. If a checkmark displays next to Pause Printing and Use Printer Offline, click each item to remove the checkmark make sure they are unmarked.
Basic Method 2:Uninstall the Printer,disconnect the printer and Reconnect it may fix printer offline issue.
- go to Device manager
- right click on the printer
- uninstall the printer
- Reconnect the printer and scan for new devices on the computer icon
Above explained are the basic fixes still if your printer doesn’t get online there may be issue with the printer hardware we will explore few more solutions.
Resetting printer also may fix the printer offline issue fix to get it online:
- If the printer is off, turn on the printer, and then check the printer status whether it is ready and online.
- If the printer starts printing jobs from the print queue, your printer is clearing out queued print jobs and is online. You can stop troubleshooting.
- If the computer still shows the printer as offline, continue using below steps.
- If the printer goes to an idle state after its startup routine, it might be online.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the printer power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 50 to 60 seconds. Restart the computer while you are waiting.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.
- Wired network connection: Make sure the cable is connected to the printer Ethernet port. The green link light should be steady, and the orange activity light should blink.
- USB connection: Make sure the cable is securely connected to the printer and to a working USB port on the computer.Make sure the printer is connected to the computer or the network.
- Wireless network connection: On the printer, open the Wireless network or Settings menu to make sure the wireless signal is turned on.
If all previous troubleshooting steps did not resolve the issue, try these possible solutions depending on the type of connection you are using.
- Switch from wireless to a direct USB or Ethernet connection
- Remove and reinstall the printer
- Disable Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) (network connections only)
- Disable IPv6 (network connections only)
- Move the wireless printer closer to the router
- Try connecting the printer to another computer
- Reinstall the printer software
I hope your query printer offline issue has been resolved if not pleas feel free to comment below and explain the situation so that i can understand the printer status and get back to you with the possible solution.and pleas share the article if you find it useful also refer the link to your friends if anybody facing the printer offline problem.we have a dedicated facebook page to explore all Queries and Answers please join to get involved.thank you.