Slack Desktop App:Hey guys Today I’m gonna share a wonderful messaging app that is Slack Desktop App which is an amazing app for team to interact and share files.All I can say slack is the best messaging app for 21 st century team communication.though there are popular messaging apps are there, like whatsapp,skype these are all used less for business communication but coming to Slack it’s unbeatable for team communication and the best part it’s free version is available.you can now download Slack Desktop App for windows 10/8.1/8/7 and Mac for Free.going forward i will discuss how to setup new team after downloading slack desktop app and you organize your team conversions in open channels.will show how to Make a channel for a project, a topic, a team, or anything so that everyone has a transparent view of all that’s going on.
Slack Desktop App –Team communication for the 21st century:
- 0.1 Free Download Slack Desktop App for windows 10/8.1/8 and Mac:
- 0.2 “Get full access to your messages and archives, upload files easily, and receive notifications whether you’re at your desk or on the go”
- 1 Getting started for new users-slack desktop app:
- 1.1 Other good resources for using Slack desktop app.
Here are the listed the what you can do with slack messaging app.
- Organize your team conversations in open channels. Make a channel for a project, a topic, a team, or anything
- For sensitive information, create private channels and invite a few team members. No one else can see or join your private channels.
- To reach a colleague directly, send them a Direct Message. It’s completely private and secure
- Drag, drop, and share your files.Not just your messages, but all your files, images, PDFs, documents, and spreadsheets can be dropped right into Slack and shared with anyone you want.
- If you use any services like Google Drive, Dropbox, or Box, just paste the link and that document is immediately in sync and searchable too.
- Connect all the tools you use to Slack and avoid all that constant switching between apps. Set up your integration so that you get all your notifications directly within Slack
- Slack also indexes the content of every file so you can search within PDFs, Word documents, Google docs, and more.;
Free Download Slack Desktop App for windows 10/8.1/8 and Mac:
In previous days people are using the slack messaging app on their pc with an android emulator but now the slack came up with it’s own desktop app to reach out to more users.
“Get full access to your messages and archives, upload files easily, and receive notifications whether you’re at your desk or on the go”
Here are the below links you can download slack desktop app for windows and Mac users I have listed the links .Hit on the links and download.
For Mac users it requires 10.9 or newer OS .surprisingly Slack Desktop app is also available for Linux users.You can download slack desktop app for linux beta version
After downloading the software install the file and setup the software..start creating team or login if you have already one.I’ll show you how to set up new team.
Getting started for new users-slack desktop app:
- Download slack app for desktop and mobile to get the best Slack experience.
- Use public channels to keep your work transparent. These conversations instantly create a searchable archive of knowledge.
- Customize your notifications so you don’t miss anything that’s important to you.
- Share files in Slack and others can give you feedback, all in one place.
- Explore slack App Directory to start integrating the tools you already use directly into Slack.
Step 1: Download and install slack app.
step 2: Sign Up:
Once your organization set up team for you.You can join the team with your work email address. or you can set up your own team and send invite to add them to team.
step 3: Channels: Where the Magic Happens
After forming a team start creating channels .channels are nothing but creating groups.You can create open channels and private channels.Most conversions in Slack are organized into public channels which anyone on your team can join.
Besides public channels and direct messages, you can also create private channels for subjects that are sensitive and confidential.
step 4:Slack to your needs:
Team Menu is located next to your name in the upper left corner. Here, you’ll find option to setup slack that suits you.
step 5:setting up notifications to keep updated.
Under Preferences, you’ll find highly configurable notifications to make you will not miss the important stuff.Slack will show desktop notifications in the upper right when you’re mentioned in the channel.
Turn on Do Not Disturb mode to snooze all Slack notifications:
step 6:Uploading Files and Creating Posts/Snippets:
You can upload files — like a photo, a document, or a PDF — in a few easy ways:
- Click on the button on the left hand side of the message box.
- Drag and drop your file into a channel.
- Take a screen grab, then use Ctrl/Cmd + V to paste it in.
Other good resources for using Slack desktop app.
- Several People are Typing — Our Slack Blog
- Several People are Reading — A collection of posts about Slack, written by teams using Slack
Hope you got the slack desktop app on your pc and installed successfully if you are still facing any problems in installing the software you can drop your query in the comment box.if you are new to slack app feel free to ask questions about set up process.This is the best guide to download slack desktop app on windows and Mac for Free. I’ve summarized the steps to set the slack messaging app on your pc.You can follow us on facebook.Just hit a like in right facebook page you will be notified with latest slack updates and tricks.