Archive an iOS backup with iTunes
Before you install prerelease software, back up your device in iTunes, then archive the ios backup. You won’t be able to use an iCloud backup or one you didn’t archive if you go back to the current version of iOS.
How to make an archived backup of your iPhone or iPad
Follow these steps to archive a backup:
- Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes.
- If you have iTunes installed on your computer, follow these directions to update to the latest version of iTunes.
- If you don’t have iTunes installed on your computer, download the latest version.
- Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes.
Before you begin, make sure to take full ios backup your iPhone or iPad. While the beta process is fairly straight forward, any time you make any significant change to your device you risk problems. And with your personal data, it’s always — always! — better to be safe than sorry. Even if you back up every night, you’ll want to make sure it’s absolutely up-to-date.
- Plug iPhone or iPad into your Mac or Windows PC.
- Launch iTunes.
- Click on the iPhone or iPad icon in the menu bar when it appears.
- Make sure backup is set to This Computer. (And enable Encrypted backup — it’s worth it!)
- Click on Back Up Now. (Click on Encrypt Backup and add a password —if you want the security.)
Wait for the backup to finish. Then go to iTunes > Preferences > Devices on your computer.
Control-click the backup you just made. Then choose Archive to save it. If you decide to go back to the current version of iOS, you’ll need this archived backup.
Now you can install ios 10 public beta here is How to Install iOS 10 public beta on iPhone 6s, 6, Plus, SE, 5s, 5c, 5, iPad, iPod -Easy steps.
Keep your iOS beta up to date
If you get a notification that an update is available, tap Settings > General > Software Update to install the latest version of beta iOS.
Download the final version of iOS
If you have an iOS beta version and want to download the final version, follow these steps:
- Connect your device to iTunes.
- While your device is connected, force it to restart. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don’t release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the Recovery Mode screen.
- When asked, choose Update to download and install the latest nonbeta version of iOS.
An update install won’t affect your content or settings.
Hope you guys like the article and found it useful please feel free to share your thoughts below coment box i’ll be always welcome suggestions and queries.