Tutorial on Installing Kali Linux on VirtualBox:
- 1 Tutorial on Installing Kali Linux on VirtualBox:
- 2 Lets Jump into How to install kali linux on virutalBox:
- 3 Final words:
The below tutorial illustrates you on how to install Kali Linux on VirtualBox in Windows 10/8/7 and Linux operating systems in simple steps.
Kali Linux is the Most Advanced Penetration Testing Distribution for hacking lovers.it is best to install Kali linux as a VM on VirtualBox.
Let’s see how to install it on Virtual Box so that you can test drive it.
As you have decided to install the kali Linux on virtual box its better to have some idea on how virtual box operates.
This step by step tutorial shows you how to install Kali Linux on VirtualBox. Please see the below minimum prerequisites
Broadly there are two high level steps which need to be executed to install kali linux on VirtualBox:
- Configuring VirtualBox for kali linux installation
- Launching the virtual box and installation of kali linux.
Detailed steps are explained below .
- At least 20 GB of disk space
- At least 1 GB of RAM (preferably 2) for i386 and amd64 architectures
- VirtualBox (or alternative virtualization software).
Configuring Virualbox for kali linux installation:
VirtualBox is a powerful x86 and AMD64/Intel64 virtualization product for enterprise as well as personal use. Not only VirtualBox is an extremely feature rich, high performance product for enterprise customers,.
- It is also the only professional solution available in the market that is freely available as Open Source Software under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2.
- See “About VirtualBox” for an introduction.
- Presently, VirtualBox runs on Windows 10/8/7, Linux, Macintosh, and Solaris hosts.
- It supports a large number of guest operating systems including but not limited to Windows (NT 4.0, 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10), DOS/Windows 3.x, Linux (2.4, 2.6, 3.x and 4.x), Solaris and OpenSolaris, OS/2, and OpenBSD.
Lets Jump into How to install kali linux on virutalBox:
Download and Install VirutalBox on your system.
Download ready-to-use virtual image of Kali Linux
After installing VirualBox successfully, go to Offensive Security’s download page to download the VM image for VirtualBox.
After yo have downloaded the kali linux virtualbox images,you have to import these images in virtualbox application.
Importing an Appliance in OVF/OVA Format:
- The following steps show how to import an appliance in OVF format.
- Double-click on the OVF or OVA file
- Oracle VM VirtualBox creates file type associations automatically for any OVF and OVA files on your host OS.
- Select File, Import Appliance from the VirtualBox Manager window.
- From the file dialog, go to the file with either the .ovf or the .ova file extension.
- Click Import to open the Appliance Settings screen
Once you are done with importing the file on VirtualBox ,it will show up the application settings.Jest keep them as default.
Wait for the complete import of kali linux virtualbox Image to finish on VirtualBox, it’ll bring you back to the main window. You can see the Kali application available on the left menu box. Now you can start it up like you would start any other VirtualBox VM.
You may also like to read how to Download Kali Linux 2.0 ISO [64 Bit + 32 Bit Free]
I hope this With this guide, you have learned how to install Kali Linux in VirtualBox. This is the quickest and easiest method using Kali Linux virtual images to get the kali linux on virtualbox. other methods require additional steps which is time consuming and inefficient.
If you have any questions or additional information that you wish to share with our readers, please feel free to let us know through the comment section.